Back Pain and Spinal Care
More than four out of five of us will suffer from back pain at some point in our lives and every year one out of five of us will consult our GP about it.
But in many cases Euxton Hall Hospital can offer effective treatments for those with persistent back pain.
Typically, back pain is concentrated in the lumbar (lower back) region which takes most of the strain of our lifestyle. The pain can be associated with stiffness, and sometimes muscle spasms and reduced motion.
Some people are more likely to develop back pain because their lifestyle puts a particular strain on their back. In other cases back problems may be related to age - such as degeneration of the discs in the spine which cushion the vertebrae.
Much back pain is described as non-specific (not diagnosed as due to a particular condition) and may settle after conservative management over a period of weeks. Sufferers are often recommended to try over-the-counter painkillers, hot and cold compresses, and reduced activity.
Benefits of Euxton Hall's Back Care and Spinal service include:
- Physiotherapy and pain management options available
- Expert consultants for high quality outcomes
- Diagnostic facilities on site
- Personal service and care for your specific needs
- Choice of appointment and short waiting times
- Fast access to surgical treatment options if required