Euxton Hall Hospital physiotherapy and sports medicine department is a well-established team comprised of Senior Chartered Physiotherapists lead by Cathy Greenwood, an experienced Physiotherapy Manager. Our Hospital based team utilises up-to-date technology and techniques to provide users with a tailored package of treatments for most conditions.
Being chartered and registered with the HCPC (Health and Car Professions Council) physiotherapists are able to provide a wide range of services, all supported by the hospitals latest diagnostic equipment and specialist consultants on site. Services are all provided in a comfortable, friendly environment where clients receive a personal treatment plan following assessment.
How can physiotherapy help?
Physiotherapists help and treat people of all ages with physical problems caused by illness, accident or ageing. Physiotherapy is a healthcare profession which sees human movement as central to the health and well-being of individuals.
Physiotherapists identify and maximise movement potential through health promotion, preventive healthcare, treatment and rehabilitation.
The core skills used by physiotherapists include manual therapy, therapeutic exercise and the application of electro-physical modalities.
Physiotherapists also have an appreciation of psychological, cultural and social factors which influence their clients.
For example, if you sprain your ankle, a physiotherapist can ensure you walk safely, reduce your swelling and help improve your movement, strength and balance for speedy return to activities (sport etc).
Our physiotherapy facilities
The Physiotherapy and Sports Medicine clinic is well equipped with the up to date apparatus required to facilitate effective rehabilitation:
- Relief of arthritic conditions
- The Sports Injury Specialist Clinic - for the treatment of sports injuries
- Rehabilitation of sprains and strains along with relief and improvement of most joint problems
- The Bladder and Bowel Weakness Specialist Clinic – which supports the improvement of male and female bladder and bowel weakness
- Improvement to Spinal conditions including neck, thoracic spine and lower back
- Personal training to reach specific goals
- Pain management techniques and relief of headache and migraine
- Use of cybex isokinetic equipment to accurately diagnose areas of muscle weakness and enable efficient muscle building
- Improvement of breathing dysfunctions
- Shockwave Unit
- Fully equipped Gymnasium
- Regular Pilates sessions
- Dynamic Neurophysiotherapy
- Physiotherapy Treatments