We provide a specialist physiotherapy and rehabilitation service for patients with neurological conditions and to those who are experiencing difficulties with balance and movement.
We aim to provide an optimal level of patient care allowing our clients to maximize their potential and level of independence.
Treatment is delivered within the newly refurbished physiotherapy department and gymnasium at Euxton Hall Hospital where we have access to specialist rehabilitation equipment allowing you to achieve the most from your rehabilitation.
Home visits can also be arranged for clients who are unable to travel.
Examples of conditions which we can treat
Neurological Conditions such as:
- Head Injury/Brain Injury
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Dropped Foot
- Parkinson's Disease
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Guillain Barrè
- Brain or Spinal Tumour
- Neuromuscular conditions
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Motor Neurone Disease
- Cerebral Palsy
- Post Polio Syndrome
Non-neurological Conditions such as:
- Balance and dizziness difficulties caused by inner ear problems including BPPV and migraines
- Complex postural and movement difficulties due to long-standing muscle and joint problems or following injuries.
What Can We Offer You?
- In depth assessment of your posture, balance, movement and function.
- Individually tailored treatment based on your own personal goals.
- Highly skilled hands-on treatment based on the Bobath Concept*.
- Training for your carers.
- Assessment and issue of dropped foot splints.
- Balance and stability classes.
*The Bobath Concept of Physiotherapy is a problem solving approach to treatment. The therapist uses their skilled hands to guide your movement in a more normal pattern helping the body and brain to remember how to balance and move independently in a more efficient manner.
What could you gain from treatment?
- Improvements in your balance, walking and functional movement.
- Improved efficiency and ease of movement with your day to day activities.
- Reduction in muscle and joint pain.
- Greater level of independence and improved quality of life.